CP Change Management Canvas 003
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?” “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat. “I don’t much care where—” said Alice. “Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat. “—so long as I get somewhere,” Alice added as an explanation. “Oh, you’re sure to do that,” said the Cat, “if you only walk long enough.” — Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - Chapter 6, Pig and Pepper
Change Management is paving the way for people within the organization from as-is to to-be by leveraging drivers and managing barriers to move the overall organization in direction of a transformative vision. But often the “why of change”, the tension between as-is today and to-be tomorrow is not described properly. If the bigger picture of the transformation is not captured, or the reasons a change needs to occur it will be hard to ignite a movement. Identifying intrapsychic and systemic barriers as well as benefits upfront also helps a lot.
- Filling this tool with your sponsor will make you better understand her expectation and expected challenge for making the change work.
- Updating this canvas with the key stakeholders will help you aligning core messages and committing to a shared sense of urgency.
- It also makes you identify connections to other changes happening in other parts of the organization.
- You can use the content of it for later change communication and townhalls speeches and/or let employees co-participate already in filling it.
- Being clear on the why and what of change will give orientation to those affected by the change during the change process, even if implementation strategies are changing.
Want to learn more about our Master Classes in Change Management and Organization Development?